<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I have been meaning to get around to this little meme (is that a real word or some sort of internet thing like “blog”?) about books, because well, I love books and always have a couple on the go. I have been known to do late night flits to my local huge chain store bookshop when I was in danger of finishing something too soon.

Total number of books I’ve owned: Hmm. I guess I now have a few hundred, but over time there have probably been thousands. I do try and cull every now and then, when I run out of book shelves. Even if I like a book, if I never want to read it again it gets donated to the op-shop or given to someone else. My Mum is a librarian, and I think I read every book in her library when I was a kid. She would bring home twenty books and I would have read 19 of them.

Last book I bought: I recently popped into a bookshop to buy a birthday present for my 4 year old god-daughter. She got two books, unborn baby got four books, and I got five books. The last one on the receipt was The Wind Up Bird Chronicle , by Haruki Murakami.

Last book I read: Um, I think it was Baby Love , by Robin Barker. I am trying to be prepared for the new arrival, lest we get home and just stare at each other with me saying “So, do you need to sleep now, or what?”.
I am also reading March by Geraldine Brooks, that was leant to me by my mother in law. It is the story of the father of the”Little Women” family. Not sure if I like it really, is it kind of cheating to use someone else’s story as a background to yours?

Five books that mean a lot to me:
A hard one – but who am I to turn down a challenge of this magnitude! I laugh in the face of doubters! These are but a few…
The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
The Witches by Roald Dahl

Thanks to Fluid Pudding for putting my brain to work. It’s gone a bit like mushy peas lately. I tag anyone who is interested. Rae ? Lucinda ? Unfortunately not Suzette who has sadly given up the blog, she will be missed!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com