<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I am in a bit of a funk at the moment, and my two week holiday (starting tomorrow!) could not come at a better time. I first have my best friend's wedding on Saturday, and will spend the rest of the time lounging around in the great outdoors - reading. Perhaps I'll stretch to a bush walk or two (we are heading down to Wilsons Prom), and a bit of body surfing if the weather permits.

Someone at work committed suicide earlier this week (literally at work), which is just horrible, and everyone is down in the dumps. I need to walk on sandy beaches and get some fresh air to restore my inner balance. I feel all wonky at the moment.

So, a story from my past holidays at the Prom to cheer me up. We were down there with some friends about 5 years ago, and Mr R decided that he wanted to walk up Mt Oberon whilst it was still dark, to watch the sunrise. This is something of a tradition amongst campers there. I was reluctant, a mountain in the dark? Was he mad? Our friends mysteriously bowed out. I dragged myself along to be nice, but I complained the whole way up. I couldn't see, what was the hurry, couldnt he just go ahead? I'll see him at the top, blah, blah, blah. So its a wonder that when we eventually got there that he carried out his plan to propose. It is truly a beautiful spot, the sun was peeping over the horizon, drowning us in it's warm glow, and we drank champagne. What a romantic.

Back from this little hiatus in mid-March.

PS Can I also take this moment to acknowledge the influence of Tequila Mockingbird for the last post - not that I realised it at the time. That's the problem with reading other blogs, you forget what you read where and how the idea popped into your head. And if you have been living under a rock and haven't read TM, do yourself a favour and go there now and read some good stuff instead of this drivel.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com