<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

You know that old theory that everyone is promoted to their level of incompetence? I think I reached that one or two promotions ago. I went to a meeting today, and came away so completely baffled that I have spent all afternoon just trying to work out what the acronymns everyone was using mean.

My theory with work had always been to act as if I know what I am doing - because most people don't know anything. So if you appear to know more than them, as they don't actually know anything they can't accuse you of knowing nothing. This comes unstuck when you meet someone who actually does know something - but they are few and far between. It has mostly served me well, and I suppose I actually do know something, but more meetings like the one today and I think I am about to be found to be a complete fraud. Lets just hope that everyone else in that meeting was pretending they knew something by throwing in confusing acronymns and really none of us have any idea what is going on. Or that I can work it out by the next meeting date.










|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com