<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 21, 2005

I have come to the conclusion that myself and Moonlight Cinema are cursed. I have been trying for years to get it together to catch a movie in the Botanical Gardens, but various acts of fate have always prevented me from actually getting there. Thunderstorms when the whole picnic was planned and bought, cars breaking down, friends cancelling. One year I even bought tickets for everyone for Christmas and couldn't use any of them myself and had to give some away. I also have a bit of a thing about bats - but that hasn't actually stopped me getting there.
So when last week, it finally looked like we were going to make it, and the weather was good, and the food was planned, and all could make it, and my sister had free tickets, I should have known that fate would intervene. We got there ok. We got a park right outside the gate. We settled on our rugs in a great spot, we had a yummy picnic (sushi rolls, zucchini flower quiche, home grown kippfler potato salad, fresh fruit and cheese), we drank wine, we watched the inflatable screen go up, the bats didn't attack me, dusk settled and.... the projector wouldnt work. Night cancelled. I am cursed.

But I'll probably try again next week - so take that fate - I laugh in your face. I will not be beaten! (Perhaps if you keep an eye on the news next week you may read of someone being hit by lightening or struck by a bus outside Moonlight Cinema)




|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com