<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I have been very disturbed by something at work today.

It's not the amount of money that I found in the corridor and posted a note on the door about, only to have all and sundry come up trying different amounts... "I dropped $20 in the hall Sarah. Or maybe it was $50?. Or perhaps $17.35?" No soup for you. I was going to make a joke about how everyone believes that I will donate it to the Tsunami appeal if it goes unclaimed but that I would really spend it on trashy magazines, but then I really will give it to the appeal and that is impossible to joke about. I apologise for even thinking it.

And no - it wasn't the new guy who asked my what I was passionately looking for in a new system we are looking at. (Passionate - about an IT system - this is disturbing, just not the most disturbing)
No, it was the shirt that a co-worker was wearing today. Instead of the (or what seems to be) regulation Polo Ralph Loren logo on the pocket - this shirt had the word "Pringle". For all I know this is the most exclusive brand of Men's business shirts, but really, it's a chip.



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com