<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Last night in the pouring rain I drove Mr R to the airport for a business trip to Thailand. He could have caught a taxi, but the truth of the matter is that I'd rather him not be in a car with a crazy taxi driver in weather like that. Am I unreasonably protective? Maybe not because he is flying home on September 11, and that doesn't worry me, it's just the crazy taxi drivers that do.

For the next few days I plan to enjoy the quietness of living alone, whilst wondering about all the cool stuff Mr R will bring home. Fantasy will no doubt be better than reality as I know he is not all that good at shopping - when he came back from Japan last time amongst other things he managed to buy me Men's aftershave. But his heart is in the right place. I'm hoping for some Thailand specialities like bootleg DVDs that shake when the person filming them in the cinema laughs, crappy fake sunglasses and a little buddha. And for Mr R to survive all trips with taxi drivers, crazy or not.





|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com