<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 26, 2004

There is something not quite right about being at work on a day that everyone else in Australia, except us and the Taswegians have off work. I think the word it might be un-Australian, better ask little Johnny about that one.

Anyhoo, ‘twas very nice to get some rain over the weekend. It did interrupt my plans for a walk on the 1000 steps in the Dandenongs yesterday, because it’s just not right to have to walk in the rain. We would have been saturated in about 2 minutes, so instead we went and had scones, not a bad substitute really. I always forget how pretty the Dandenongs are until I go there again – have now made a mental note to try and remember for future exploration. Outsiders, whatever you do, don’t get the Dandenongs (mountain range) confused with Dandenong (the suburb). Lets just say that it isn’t quite as pretty.

I also watched ‘Whale Rider’ and that little Keisha-something-or-other whatever-her-name-is does an amazing job. You just want to give her a big hug. Unfortunately, as my second free DVD from my DVD shop, I stupidly chose ‘American Pie: the Wedding’. You see, I actually quite liked the first American Pie. Juvenile of course, but it did make me laugh. I hadn’t seen the second one, so when I spotted this one on the shelf and nothing else took my fancy, I thought that maybe it would be worth a giggle. Hmmm, I was wrong. Perhaps it could be me, but I just couldn’t laugh at someone eating dog shit. My stomach is churning just thinking about it.

The other very nice thing about this weekend was having plenty of time to cook. I am having a dinner party next weekend, so I have been trying to decide on a menu. I tested an entrée of baked pear, stuffed with blue cheese, wrapped in prosciutto which is served on spinach leaves. It sounds strange, but was rather nice, although perhaps one for the more adventurous eater, so maybe no good for the dinner party. It was also too big for a starter, so back to the drawing board. Or the cooktop rather. My fall back plan is to get takeway like my last dinner party, but this time I might try and pass it off as my own…






|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com