<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

You know when you are on the phone on hold to, for example, a large telecommunications company, and their annoying hold music is giving you a headache already after only 12 minutes? I’m sure you can all relate this pain as it happens to me right now – but the worst bit about this waiting, waiting, waiting is that every minute or so the music stops and you think – Ah! And get ready to tell the person what you want, and then you realise that it is just the recorded message thanking you for waiting, your call is important to us, and there is really no-one there at all.

After getting sucked in to that the first five times, I have finally learnt my lesson and now I am up to the THIRTEENTH thankyou for waiting, it’s just as well I did, because you can only feel silly so many times in thirteen minutes before you really think about just hanging up. But then that’s thirteen – oh no, now lets make that 14 minutes of my life that I’m never going to get back, and I don’t want to waste another 14 by ringing back another time.

Can I also say that this enlightening phone call has clued me on to the fact that whilst I thought that the 30 second commercial for this particular company (say the word…) was annoying enough, the super re-mix extended 2 minute version is even worse. It sounds like it is trying to be something from the lion king.

15 minutes. Geez. I don’t actually remember the last time I spent this long on hold. Do people do this all the time? Oooh, I’m through. I wonder what people who don’t have a blog do whilst they are waiting?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com