<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Some of my friends and I have a bit of a tradition now, where once every Summer on the first Saturday of a month, we head to Red Hill for the market. This is really all about the food, which is as good a motivator to get out of bed at 6am on a Saturday as any. The only way to do Red Hill is to get there early (before 8am) and start with an egg and bacon roll from the top tent. Enjoy munching on the greasy goodness until it is time for something sweet and then work your way through a plate of Dutch poffertjes . Ahh, I’d walk over hot coals for those little pancake things of goodness. When I was in Holland and couldn’t get those I was most disappointed, they are probably not even eaten by the Dutch, but are the product of a marketing managers imagination.

Mr R sensibly stays away from this adventure, but was happy to partake in the rest of the weekend that was spent demolishing my other purchases – tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, apples, pate, jam, red hill soft goats cheese, nougat, saganaki, sourdough and sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce. That’s a lot of eating - thank goodness for long weekends.

Other random things that I can’t be bothered to turn into real entries:

I was amused to note that some poor sole found their way to this site by searching for “how to win tatslotto”. My only advice is to buy a ticket, I don’t think there is much else you can do. But if you do come up with the answer then be sure to let me know as obviously I am still working on that.

I saw a DVD on the weekend, Intolerable Cruelty. Without a doubt this is one of the most ridiculously named movies that I have ever seen. What is really a fluffy-not very believable- twist you saw coming miles away-romantic comedy, has a title that makes it sound like a gang warfare-serial killer-terrorist movie. I like to think the title of a movie should give you some idea of what to expect – and that one failed miserably. As did the movie by the way, even George couldn’t save that one.

I was excited to get the Comedy Festival program in the Age on the weekend – now for what to see. I’m loving the idea of the guy who has tracked down Veruca Salt, from one of my favourite movies (all about chocolate – who couldn’t love it?). And a friend has organised tickets to the Gala – all for a good cause.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com