<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I have been meaning to put some sort of a disclaimer on this site, in case anybody who knows me should stumble across it. This isn’t a secret site or anything, I don’t write anything that I am ashamed of, or write things about people that I wouldn’t say to their face, but most of my real life friends don’t really know about the site as I don’t want to force it upon anyone. And I prefer to tell my friends what is going on or what I think about something in person, with wine. Wine is always good.

It did however occur to me that it is possible that someone may find this site and then link it with me and then maybe get upset if I don’t mention things here. Or for that matter, if I do mention things here. For example, I may have talked about one of my friends having a baby, but not another, so I just want to be clear that this no way implies that I care more about the friend I did mention.
Me writing / not writing about things here in no way reflects the importance of events to me personally. I mean I could write a whole entry about being on hold to a phone company, and only one sentence about my new nephew being born, so you can see there is no correlation between the amount that I write and how much I care.

Thinking about this, it does make me wonder what it is about some events that makes me update, when other larger, more significant and probably more interesting things have actually happened to me. I can’t come up with an answer for that, often my updates are a function of when I get 10 minutes spare and the thing that is upmost in my mind at the time. Or the thing that’s bugging me. Or the thing that I found funny, or weird, or exasperating.

So, all I ask is that if you do come here and think you know me, let me know you are reading, leave a comment, send me an email. And then I’ll have some advance warning not to bag you!



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com