<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

First round of the footy tipping, and I got five. Pretty much guarantees that I’m not going to win. Although with the prize in Tony’s comp, I’d prefer not to :0)

I spent much of Saturday trudging between the myriad of hiking/outdoor adventure shops in Flinders lane, trying to find the perfect travelling in South America coat, while the sales were on. This has brought me the conclusion that it is almost impossible to find travel clothes that aren’t, well, dorky. This is fine for most of the trip, I don’t think the Inca trail requires much more, but we spend the last few days in Buenos Aries, the Paris of the south. Obviously I’ll have to spend the first day shopping. My shoes are the biggest dilemma; at this point I don’t see how I can go without taking at least five pairs. Ridiculous I know. I am now working on leaving my shoe fetish behind. Of course this is easier said than done. The problem is that we are visiting many different climates, including the Galapagos Islands, the Andes, and big cities, so all manner of footwear is required. Oh I don’t know what to do. Maybe I’ll just take shoes and forget clothes.

In other news I am a bit sad because my sister in law and her family (and my two beautiful little nephews) moved to Queensland today. I have been trying not to think about it, just pretending that they are on holiday. This will get harder as time goes on, but for now will keep me from bawling. At least it gives us somewhere to visit, and we of course still have the phone, but there is nothing like the adoring hug of a four year old. My nephew solemnly told Mr R he had to give me lots of hugs when he was gone because I would be missing them. I’m sure he can manage that.

It did occur to me after that last post that you might have got the wrong idea with the sexy gimp outfit comment, so consider that retracted. My point was that he’d pick anything leather over crystal! Ahem, I’m thinking I’ll now get heaps of bizarre google hits now this blog contains the word gimp. You should have seen the stats after I said poffertjes!



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com