<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Where does the time go? Here I was with a nice new years resolution to update more often, and I find it is the 15th of Jan and this is only the second update.

On the weekend we went to see “Lost in Translation”. Fantastic movie – can’t recommend it enough. Mr R works for a Japanese company and has spent a bit of time in Japan, so he particularly appreciated the glimpses of life in Japan from the perspective of a foreigner. I realise now (after some confusion on my behalf) that Scarlett Johansson (who is so, so beautiful) is the grown up little girl from “The Horse Whisperer”, and that makes me feel like I am about a hundred and seven, not 28!

The only other holiday flick we have seen was “Love Actually” which actually I liked (ha). The whole people re-uniting or departing at airports always makes me cry, and I am such a sucker for a love story. Of course things all fit together nicely in the end, and that doesn’t always happen in real life, but if you can’t escape at the movies, where can you?

Tonight is the first play of the year in my subscription to the MTC. I started this a few years ago with some girlfriends, more as an excuse to get together than anything. The reviews of “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” have not been brilliant, but I’m a firm believer in making up my own mind about such things. And it has to be a better adaptation of the old story than that terrible film “Cruel Intentions”. Things can only improve from there.

We are looking after my four year old nephew this weekend, which will be fun, but the responsibility is a bit scary. What if he falls over? What if he swallows a lego block? What if he shoves a pea up his nose? Mental note not to let him play with lego, eat peas and run anywhere. Perhaps I can find some cotton wool to wrap him in. It’s funny – I think that if he was my own kid I wouldn’t be so worried about him hurting himself, but if I had to give him back to his Mum and Dad with some sort of injury I would feel terrible. I think I might get a copy of “Finding Nemo” on DVD when it is released tomorrow, seems like a nice safe activity. Unless he tries to re-enact Nemo’s escape from the fish tank and jumps off the back deck… this could be a stressful weekend!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com