<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2003

Well, back at work today after an exhausting Christmas. We spend most of Christmas day driving from one place to another, but did manage to enjoy ourselves anyway. The lovely Mr R got me a spunky little digital camera – and I am still learning how to use it. It takes 30 second videos as well, and my nearly 4 year old nephew on Christmas day was both desperate to be filmed, and desperate to see himself on the screen. He didn’t quite get that I had to record him doing something and then he could watch. So all the videos are of him going “Can I see? Give me a look!”. I did get him to sing jingle bells for a while, and as I am filming him wondering why he has a funny expression on his face, he pulls down his daks and relieves himself. Just as well we were outside. Certainly one for his 21st video.

We have plenty of other new toys at home after Christmas that are keeping us busy trying to work out how to use them. The DVD / surround sound system is sort of half installed, but the rear speakers aren’t working and we don’t know how to connect the VCR. I know that we are a little behind on the whole DVD revolution, but good things come to those who wait. Or save up their money. Or something. The player came with 5 bonus DVDs, also known as the DVDs so badly overstocked they are giving them away. ‘Gladiator’ looked and sounded pretty good with the sub woofer, and we watched ‘The Patriot’ for the first time, saved by Heath. ‘Spiderman’ is another, can take or leave that, and there is also ‘Men in Black II’. I haven’t seen ‘Men in Black I’, so if I watch the second one I’ll probably ruin the whole MIB highly developed story line (ha). I cant remember the name of the last DVD – another action type flick – and I am wishing that they had of chucked in a soppy chick flick just to balance out the selection. Do only violence loving men buy DVDs?

Mr R also has a brand spanking new 6 burner BBQ, which we need for the party planned at our place for New Year’s Eve. Our old barbie got ripped out in the renovation, so we have been without for some time and it has been sorely missed. Looking forward to the rest of the summer with Mr R cooking!

Don’t ask me why we decided to hold a party in a partly completed house, I think it was in some sort of misguided attempt to give us a goal to work towards. If we can get doors on bedrooms that would be nice, or else all the babies that my friends have been rapidly producing may have to stay up and join the party.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and best wishes for 2004. Happy New Year!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com