<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 19, 2003

Fully immersed in a flurry of yuletide activities. Had a family dinner on the weekend for my father in law’s birthday, where my mother in law cooks her “practice” turkey in the lead up to the big one on Christmas day. ‘Twas lovely, of course. My 4 year old nephew calls it ‘Christmas chicken’, and I guess that is not too far off the mark!

I have almost completed my Christmas shopping, but somehow was deluded into thinking it would be a good idea to pop into the city Myer yesterday at lunchtime. Actually it wasn’t so much the crowds, as the torrential rain. I got soaked to the skin on my way back to the office, and did a lovely impersonation of a drowned rat. It was like living in tropical Queensland, and can I just say that I don’t know how anyone in a humid climate can have good hair.

I am looking forward to my annual go-all-out-and-hang-the-expense Christmas dinner with friends, this year at Ondine. On the day before it is to close. And if you read the article from that link, even Stephanie Alexander can’t get a table. Not sure how we did then – a blip in the time-space continuum, or something.

And then today I have the work Christmas party, lawn bowls. Nothing like jumping on to a fad, just when it is all over. Thank god they revised the temperature from an initial 39 down to a lovely 24. I’m hoping that means I won’t be nearly as sunburnt and drunk as I could have been when today is over.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com