<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 08, 2003

Some of the very observant readers may have noticed that I began this site with a pseudonym for a reason that now escapes me. Maybe I thought that I would be cyber stalked or something. So this worked for about 5 minutes until I forgot what I was doing and you will now see that the posts are indeed posted under my real name.

I have never been very good at the whole lying / subterfuge type scenario. Don’t ever ask me about your new haircut or if I like you boyfriend unless you really want to know the answer.

This does remind me of a story of when I was just a young lass, maybe about 5 or 6. Every Easter we would go on a holiday with a group of other families and all of their kids. The tradition was that the Dad’s would take all of the kids out for a long walk, while the Mums drank Chardonnay and hid the Easter Eggs.

Whilst we were out on this walk, there was always much talk about the Easter Bunny, who was apparently known to be hopping around those parts. The other kids all managed to spot him on the walk, “Wow, I just saw his fluffy tail!!” or “There’s his pointy ears!” That is all except for me, who was in tears by the time we got back as I was feeling very stupid and left out of things by not being as quick and observant as all of the other kids.

So I don’t know that this honest streak has always brought me happiness, but I guess it isn’t generally a bad way to be.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com