<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 19, 2003

As I said some time ago, I am intent on winning a large prize of some sort. When I was a little girl and somebody asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I would say “win tattslotto!”, and really, can you think of a better ambition for a young child?

So anyways, as the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it, and yesterday I lined up to buy the winning ticket for this weekend’s $18 million dollar jackpot.

Deciding on how to spend this $18 million has taken up a lot of my time since the purchase of the ticket, as it is very important to be prepared. I’d hate to win and then not enjoy it because I was so worried about how to use all that money. So far the family have been taken care of, and as I don’t want to alienate our friends they will get a share too. This raises the problem of who is a good enough friend to get some cash? Will we offend some friends if we don’t give them cash too? And then I am torn between which charity to support, should I make a big donation to one, or spread it around a bit? And then what about work – should I give it up to live a life of leisure, or will I get too bored to do that?

So I still have a bit of thinking to do before the big draw but I’m sure that these problems will be resolved, so don’t worry too much on my behalf.

On other matters – I am unbelievably glad that it is Friday, and Melbourne looks like it is in for a lovely Spring weekend – 24 on Sunday, which is just as well because it is absolutely pouring at the moment.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com