<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 01, 2003

Renovating woes

I think I mentioned down there somewhere at the start of this blog, that we were renovating our house. Looking at the dates, that was in May, and here we are in August and we are still going.

I’m kind of getting used to the thick layer of dirt and mud that greets me when I open the front door every evening. And the empty coke bottles littering the yard. The constant background noise of hammering and sawing and drilling has gotten tot the point where I don’t really even hear it anymore, just like living next to a train line.

But there is one thing that I cannot get used to. And that is the builders using our toilet. Mr R thinks that I am mad – he couldn’t care who uses the toilet – but when you get home at night and there is a newspaper next to the toilet that isn’t yours, the idea of someone else sitting there makes me feel a little ill. It doesn’t help that the only toilet we have at the moment is in our half renovated ensuite, that has no door and sort of open walls, so its kind of like someone sitting in the middle of my bedroom perusing the sports section whilst, well I don’t really want to get too graphic!

So I’m hoping that it will all be over soon. Or that we can escape to the US when I win my trip.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com