<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

I have decided that it is time for me to win a major competition. Tattslotto would be nice, but I will settle for anything more than a free CD. I’m not entirely sure why I have decided this, but I have a friend who has won a trip to Berlin, and $3000 and a $50,000 ute, so if he can do it, anyone can.

This resolution of mine led me to a competition on the radio last night – “Name that intersection!” Yes that’s right – you are given the landmarks on the four corners of the intersection, and then you have to phone in the location.

So here were the clues
1. A Fast food restaurant
2. A Private School
3. A Telstra exchange building
4. A Park / Reserve

The spooky thing about this story is that from the very first clue – the fast food restaurant – I was THINKING OF THE CORRECT INTERSECTION. All the other clues just confirmed it.

Well if this wasn’t meant to be!! Of the 3.5 million intersections in Melbourne with a fast food restaurant on a corner, there I was with the correct answer! So I got to a dialing (on mobile phone, in manual car, also trying to drive without being seen by the police and fined for driving and phoning simultaneously). And then – I got through! I got it right! I’m in the draw!!

And that’s when I realised that I’m not all that sure what the competition is for. I think it might have something to do with flying somewhere; cause the link to the competition was something about traveling miles around Melbourne will take you miles. So when they have the big draw on Friday and I win, I will be genuinely surprised at what I win and not have to make up my excitement for the sake of the radio. So I will soon be leaving on a jet plane, don’t know where I’ll be go-ing (bad rhyme and John Denver reference, I apologise….)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com