<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Do you believe in jinxes? I don’t think I do, but sometimes you can never be too careful.

I’m wondering if I should not talk about the possibility of me winning this comp, lest I jinx myself and some ho from Boronia wins. (Not that I have anything against people from Boronia, but anyone who wins that is not me I do have a problem with. And Boronia just sounded right in that little sentence – but I digress.) I have about a one in twenty chance of winning, so that is the best odds I’m ever going to get for anything really.

I have found out that when I win, I have a choice of going to San Francisco to see someone called Sean Paul – whom I have never heard of, or to Boston to see Jewel. The concert is secondary really to the experience of a new city, and reading the terms and conditions of the contest, it is for three nights only and you can’t extend your stay. So it will be a whirlwind tour. One that I can tell my grand kiddies about.

I am faced with the dilemma of which city to choose. One part of me doesn’t want to think about it (what if I jinx myself) but the other more prepared and cautious self thinks I should have decided the destination and planned the itinerary cause there is not long from whoa to go (like about 8 days from the day the winner is announced until the SF trip). Oh the dilemmas.

It is drawn on Monday, so I will keep you (that is nobody, as nobody knows about this blog) posted……

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com